Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 7, 2007

Gabi Milito Excited By Messi Link Up

Gabriel Milito is excited about the prospect of playing alongside Lionel Messi every day after agreeing a deal to join FC Barcelona.
The 26-year-old completed a deal to move to Camp Nou for €17.5m while on duty at the Copa América and could not hide his delight.

During the negotiations, Milito admitted that Lionel Messi had told him everything about the Blaugrana and now he is looking forward to joining his new team-mate.

"I am going to enjoy playing next to him every day," he said. "He is a spectacular player, a phenomenon.

"I do mean any disrespect, but I prefer to talk about this for the first time when I am at Barcelona.

"I am very pleased with the move and I am very excited by it.

"But now I am just waiting to sign the contract and take the medical before saying too much more."

The central defender is focussing on Argentina's appearance in the Copa América final on Sunday and was not prepared to say much about his move.

Despite being pressed by members of the Catalan press pack in Venezuela, Milito insisted that he would think about Barça on Monday.

"It is one of the most important games in my career and I want to just focus on that.

"I have nothing more to say, sorry.

"Barça have not forbidden me to do anything. I do not want to talk about that because now is not the time. But I am happy by what has happened."

Không có nhận xét nào: