Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 7, 2007

Drogba Persuaded Me, Explains Malouda

Chelsea's new signing Florent Malouda has revealed that he was persuaded into making the switch to Stamford Bridge by close friend Didier Drogba.

The French winger was torn between making a move to Chelsea or Liverpool, amongst other interested parties, but Drogba helped win him over as the pair link up for a second time.

The duo were team-mates at Guingamp and when the Ivory Coast striker moved on to Marseille he tried to persuade the player to join him, but Malouda ended up with French giants Lyon, who he left last week for £13.5million.

He said: "It's been from the first time he played at Chelsea. When he played in Marseille he tried to make me come to Marseille too.

"He told me about a lot of things and I have already been to Stamford Bridge and to London a lot of times to see the atmosphere and how the fans support their team.

"And I saw it was a place for me to grow in my career.

"When we played together in Guingamp and he went to Marseille and I went to Lyon, we didn't know if one day we could play together.

"Now he is a better player, a very top striker and for me in Lyon, I have more experience, I'm stronger and I'm ready to have a good championship in England.

Malouda is used to success having been with unstoppable French champions Lyon, but he is still anxious to achieve more in the Premiership with Chelsea.

He added: "For me, it is an evolution in my career and I came to Chelsea to try and win all the competitions I haven't won already.

"I think the group and the players are competitive and that's why I came here and for me and for my career in the French national team too, it's important to live in new stadiums with all those fans and it will be a big experience for me.

"The English championship is hard, it's strong and you have to be at 150% every time and I hope that it will be a success for me."

Không có nhận xét nào: